Spain is not only one of the largest countries in Europe it is one of the most diverse. As well as mountains and beaches to attract visitors, there are orange groves, meadows and even desert.
Culturally as well there is something for everyone. Magnificent architecture such as the Alhambra palace or the Mezquita, remnants of Spain's moorish past.
Fabulous buildings of Romanesque, Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque styles and on to Modern architecture such as the Casa Mila by Gaudi. Spain is also the birthplace of such renowned artists as Pablo Picasso, Joan Miro and Salvador Dali.
On top of that add the wonderful Spanish cuisine and the very colourful festivals that take place throughout the year and it is difficult to resist a visit to Spain.
Regions of Spain
The most southern part of Spain, and one of the most popular with visitors, there are many reasons to visit this region of Spain...Discover Andalucia
A very traditional part of Spain, surrounded on all sides by spectacular mountain scenery and with a wealth of Mudejar architecture...Discover Aragon
Asturias and Cantabria
A quiet region in the north of Spain with an attracive coastline, pretty seaside towns and, inland, the magnificent Picos de Europa mountain range... Discover Asturias and Cantabria
Castile and Leon
A wealth of architecture make this region well worth a visit. Don't miss the beautiful city of Salamanca... Discover Castile and Leon
Castilla la Mancha
This region is home to the wonderful cities of Toledo and Cuenca... Discover Castilla-la-Mancha
Centred around Barcelona, one of our favourite cities, Catalonia has much to offer, from wild countryside to popular sea resorts...Discover Catalonia
A remote region of Spain with many remnants of its important Roman and Moorish past... Discover Extremadura
Galicia is green and heavily wooded, the coastline is made up of lots of tiny inlets and the area is renowned for its seafood... Discover Galicia
Madrid and Madrid Province
Madrid, capital city of Spain and home to three world-class art galleries... Discover Madrid and Madrid Province
Navarra and La Rioja (Basque Country)
A beautiful area with mountains, forests and sea. Visit this area for a truly tranquil holiday ... Discover Navarra and La Rioja
Valencia and Murcia
Valencia and Murcia lie on the Eatern coast of Spain. Each year millions of tourists come to the beaches in this part of Spain... Discover Valencia and Murcia
The Balearic Islands
The Balearic Islands of Ibiza, Formetera, Mallorca (Majorca) and Menorca have something to offer everyone... Discover the Balearic Islands
The Canary Islands
Spain has hundreds of interesting cities. In addition to its vibrant capital, Madrid, here are 9 of the most popular destinations:
* Barcelona - lively cosmopolitan city that is capital of the Catalans, and famous for the architecture of Antoni Gaudi
* Bilbao - former industrial city, home to the Guggenheim Museum.
* Cadiz - oldest city in Western Europe, celebrates a famous carnival
* Córdoba - The Grand Mosque ('Mezquita') of Cordoba is one of the world's finest buildings
* Granada - stunning city in the south, surrounded by snow capped mountains of the Sierra Nevada, home of La Alhambra
* San Sebastián - wealthy city with a large sandy beach bay
* Salamanca - one of the most beautiful cities in Spain
* Seville - a beautiful, verdant city, and home to the world's largest cathedral.
* Valencia - very impressive Baroque architecture and remnants of its Moorish past make this a very attractive city. Paella was invented here, and it has a very nice beach